[TR] Rover - back to Triumphs

ZoboHerald at aol.com ZoboHerald at aol.com
Mon Mar 24 19:17:05 MST 2008

In a message dated 3/24/2008 7:20:14 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
standardtriumph at btinternet.com writes:

The  Standard Motor Company made quite a lot of sub-standard
stuff - mostly  Heralds (sorry Mr. Mace).

I know what you're saying, John, but I don't quite agree with you on  the
Heralds. Yes, there were any number of quality control problems in assembly,  and
even some engineering-related issues...from a relatively small company --
with some questionable management issues and some serious financial issues --
trying to rush a very innovative product to the market. To their credit,  most
of these issues were dealt with rather quickly, resulting in a car that did
an awful lot of good for "The Standard"!

--Andy   Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not  so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with   wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and
Triumph Herald Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)

Home.