[TR] Apologies for the mail filter, and a question about carbs

David Ljung Madison team.net at daveola.com
Fri Mar 21 17:01:27 MST 2008

Regarding my recent spam filter's decision to bounce the triumphs
mailing list digest, a thousand apologies, that was completely
unintentional.  My spam filter has been whipped and beaten for
the transgression, and the triumphs mailing list has been added
to my whitelist (as I should have done in the first case).

Also, a question.  I followed a URL in the comm plate discussion
and found:

http://www.geocities.com/tucson_british_car_register/tr4-five.html

Which shows a "breather" on the side.

What exactly is the purpose of such a breather?

I recently bought the washable filters that are available, and they look
great, but they have a hole on the back that is fitted to a hose
attachment, and no hose (nor instructions) came with.  Presumably this
is for a breather off the valve cover?  Originally I had thought I
would just connect them together to help maintain some sort of
vacuum balance, but I'm probably wrong on that..

Here's what the washable filters look like:

http://triumph.Daveola.com/Album/Filters/

Any advice?

Dave