[TR] Repro Comm Plates

TR250Driver at aol.com TR250Driver at aol.com
Fri Mar 21 13:00:44 MST 2008

In a message dated 3/20/2008 10:47:56 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
wbeech at flash.net writes:

The  commission plate on my TR3 is pretty shabby, I notice that the big 3
sell  replacements for a reasonable cost.  Are these as good a quality as  the
original?

Bill,
I believe the quality is acceptable on the repro plates for TR3's.  I  go
both ways on my TR's.  Some have ratty to nice originals and some I have
replaced w/o being real picky about the stampings matching original type and  style.
Regardless just FYI, in VTR Concours judging all are good and no  deductions
are taken for ratty originals or quality repro's.
Cheers,
Darrell

Home.