[TR] leaky brake pipe

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Mar 20 15:04:42 MST 2008

> I've replaced brake pipes on my TR3A with a copper /nickel set.
> I have one connection that won't seal. the pipe from the master
> cylinder to
> front union. Anything special with this connection or nifty
> workarounds to share.

You didn't by any chance remove the residual pressure valve ?  It's been a
long time, but ISTR that where the RPV screws into the 5-way union looks
like the right threads, but doesn't have a suitable seat for the line.  You
need to have at least the shell of the RPV to make it all fit and seal.

Randall