[TR] TR6 - installing carpet snaps - is there a trick to this?

BearTranserv at aol.com BearTranserv at aol.com
Tue Mar 18 14:50:30 MST 2008

In a message dated 3/17/2008 12:11:02 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
Brian_Lanoway at standardaero.com writes:

drill  through the carpet and snap sets to position

I really don't think you want to do that.  I did something  similar once and
my wife learned a few new words as I watched one of the weft  threads in the
carpet spin up on the drill bit and unravel the pile.

How about clicking the female bits to the old male on your car, dabbing a
bit of blue chalk line chalk on them and then laying in the carpet and patting
firmly.  Should leave a pretty decent mark on the bottom of the  carpet.

Robert B.  Houston
Texan in New Mexico

63 TR4

As he stared at her ample  bosom, he daydreamed of the dual Stromberg
carburetors in his vintage  Triumph, highly functional yet pleasingly formed,
perched prominently on top of  the intake manifold, aching for experienced
hands, the small knurled caps of the  oil dampeners begging to be inspected and
adjusted as
described in chapter  seven of the shop manual.
Dan McKay

Home.