[TR] TR6 - installing carpet snaps - is there a trick to this?

tr3bob at cox.net tr3bob at cox.net
Tue Mar 18 05:25:16 MST 2008

Hi Brian,

I'm not sure I know which "male and female" snaps you mean.

In the past, I've used barbed rings that are put in from the top of the carpet. These barbs protrude through the carpet and fit through slots in the "female" fitting on the underside. The fittings then snap into the male fitting in the floor.

If these are the fittings you describe then you can apply chalk to the male snap fitting on the floor, lay the carpet down which will mark the position on the underside, then install the female snap from the top.

Hope this helps

Bob Stahlbush, pres. British Motorcars of N.E. (2001-2006)

60 TR3A
66MGB
70 BSA T-Bolt
70 BSA Lightning