[TR] Run out conclusion. -Related question

tom white tswhitez123 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 17 07:34:13 MST 2008

Hi Curt,

Do not use a die grinder to try and true your hubs.  There is no way you can
set a tolerance with a freehand grinder.  Any good auto fabrication machine
shop will be able to do it for you on a lathe.  You may have to look around a
little to find a good fabrication shop.  The one I used is in Salinas, Ca. and
it is a huge shop.  They work on a lot of huge farm equipment and can
fabricate almost anything.  I got my hubs down to 0.003 run out from 0.026.

Best regards,
Tom