[TR] tap and die question

Bob Danielson 75TR6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Sat Mar 15 17:43:14 MST 2008

Paul,
Someone already responded about the difference in threads between the two
but I recently learned something I didn't know about Tap & Die. I'm sure
many people already know this but...do not drill, for example, a 3/8" hole
for a 3/8" tap. There are charts out there that tell you the correct size
hole to drill for each tap size you want to use. And it varies by coarse vs
fine thread. Here's a couple of references.
http://www.newmantools.com/tapdrill.htm & http://tinyurl.com/2gztrj

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U
Running w/ Throttle Body Injection