[TR] Side curtains.

Brian Thomas thomasb at queensu.ca
Sat Mar 15 09:32:16 MST 2008

Hi Tom,

At 12:05 PM 2008-03-15, tom white wrote:
>Can anyone recommend a plastic cleaner for  cleaning up the plastic windows in
>my side curtains.

Believe it or not, BRASSO (available at Walmart, K-Mart, etc) does a
good job of surface cleaning and MINOR scratch removal.  When I first
got my TR8, the rear window was mostly that lovely opaque tan that
clear vinyl tends to go when out in the sun too much.  The BRASSO got
rid of the tan and improved the clarity enough that the window could
now be seen through.

If you want to spend a little more money, Meguiar's makes a couple of
products that also do a good job:
    * 17 - Professional Plastic Cleaner
    * 10 - Professional Plastic Polish
These are sometimes available in larger auto-parts stores but can
just about always be found in a boat store (lots of plastic windows in boats).

I believe Autoglym also makes a product - did I see it for sale at
TRF?   No personal experience with this however.

Let us know how you make out.

Cheers,

Brian

Brian S. Thomas e-mail: ThomasB at QueensU.Ca
Holliday Point          work:   613-533-2228
R R 1                   fax:    613-385-1948
Wolfe Island, Ontario   home:   613-385-1947
K0H 2Y0         toys:   54 TR2, 56 TR3, 67 TR4A, 80 TR8, 52 Ferguson TEA20