[TR] Overdrive Question

Jay Holekamp jholekamp at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 14 16:09:49 MST 2008

In a message dated 3/13/2008 5:48:16 PM Central Daylight Time,
OKCSpitfire at sbcglobal.net writes:
> I have a 78 Spitfire J type over drive that I installed in my 76 Spit. I
> noticed the other day while driving it I was going up a hill and the engine
> began racing but not gaining speed. It was like the clutch was slipping  but
> it has a new clutch. Can the OD slip? If so does it mimic a slipping clutch?

You also might want to check the pressure the overdrive hydraulic system is producing as the slipping occurs. I offer Overdrive Oil Pressure Gauges for A, D, J & LH Type Overdrives - details at:
http://tinyurl.com/505s

brgds, Jay

'64 Triumph TR4 since '67