[TR] TR3 fuel sending unit impedance

tr3bob at cox.net tr3bob at cox.net
Thu Mar 13 07:25:16 MST 2008

Bill,

To add to Randall's comments, I purchased a "new" sending unit for my '60 TR3 from one of the big three. When I sent my gauge to Nisonger for a rebuild, they suggested that I also include the sending unit....they wanted to match the impedence.

I got a call from Nisonger later that week saying that they were returning the sending unit me and suggested that I ship it back to the manufacturer. Seems the "new" sending unit was wound with a different size wire and would be impossible to calibrate to my original gauge.

I did return the "new" sending unit and Nisonger ended up rebuilding my original sending unit that I thought was junk. Live and learn.

FWIW

Bob Stahlbush, pres., British Motorcars of NE (2001-2006)

60 TR3A
66 MGB
70 BSA T-Bolt
70 BSA Lightning