[TR] oil changin'

Kent Shrack kentshrack at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 13 06:19:52 MST 2008

So if you use Valvoline,,  Let's not forget about Wal-Mart Super Tech oil.  Yes that is the true name and I read an article that rated many brands, and it was # 2 as I remember.  But, # 1 was Pennzoil,  so the article must be bogus. Maybe if the A to Z scenario is correct, then Walmart is just waiting at the end of the chain.

Steven Newell <steven at newellboys.com> wrote:   dorpaul wrote:

>Does it hurt a newly rebuilt motor to up and change the oil brand? oil
>weight? Thanks, Paul Dorsey

You should only change oil brands in alphabetical order. So if you start
with Redline, you could change to Valvoline without problem, but not to
Castrol.

Steven Newell, PhD, Fluif Dynamics
Littleton, CO USA
http://www.vtr.org