[TR] clutch MC will not come apart

PeterSchop at aol.com PeterSchop at aol.com
Wed Mar 12 17:18:00 MST 2008

I am in the process of rebuilding the master cylinder for the  clutch in my
six. I am having a problem disassembling the piston in the MC.  I have removed
the rubber boot, taken the circlip out and removed the push rod  and washer. I
thought the piston would then come out but it won't. I can push  the piston
against the spring into the bore and the spring will push it back up  and just
stop where the circlip was. It sounds like metal on metal when it  reaches the
top. There seems to be a lip in the cylinder holding the piston in.  How do I
remove this. Should I try scraping it out with a knife while holding  the
piston down with a screw driver? Any hints would be appreciated.

TIA,
Peter Schoppelry
'69 TR6
CC26418L