[TR] Alternate Seats for TR6 question

Tony Gordon triumph at 2simpleusa.com
Wed Mar 12 15:35:06 MST 2008

I'm looking for some help on the seat replacement front: my car is away
being painted, so I cannot measure anything or do any real eyeball
comparisons from photos and catalogs, hence a plea to the list!  I'm trying
to find a comfortable (leather if possible) replacement seat for the car,
and wondered whether anyone has had any success with seats of cars other
than the Miata, which I've heard are an easy fit (is that true?).

I was looking at a pair of seats from an 2001 Eclipse (black leather) which
(with the help of a TR6 owner off another list) we don't think they will
fit -- too wide at the B-post (whereas the taper of the Miata seats seems to
allows them to fit).

Also, the Acura Integra has seats that are 19" wide at the reclining hinge,
and are still 19" wide 24" up from the frame ('though they do taper quickly
after that).  I have looked at a 300z and the seats are somewhat similar to
those in the Integra.