[TR] TR3 fuel sending unit impedance

William C. Quincy wquincy at cox.net
Wed Mar 12 14:08:30 MST 2008

I have a question regarding a '60 TR3 and the fuel sending unit, when
I connect the fuel gauge it is pegged to full, upon disconnecting the
wire from the sending unit it drops to E. When I measure the
impedance of the sending unit, with the tank empty it shows 82 Ohms.
I would like to know what the sending unit should measure when empty
and full, so I have some idea where to go with this problem,
additionally any other information regarding this problem would be
appriciated.
Thanks