[TR] Oil and Cam Followers

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Mar 12 14:14:41 MST 2008

> I'll see if I can dig up the name of this engine rebuilder. Anyone
> out there recall the name from their discussions with Cam? I believe
> I got the name from an American mag such as Vintage Racing."

I don't recall the discussion with Cam, Don, but I do recall that Greg Solow
has said he 100% tests all new lifters and always finds a few bad ones.   He
is also a very well respected LBC engine builder here in CA and I believe he
has done engines for at least a few listers (tho not myself).  So might be
the rebuilder you're looking for ?

Greg Solow's Engine Room
125 Front St
Santa Cruz, CA 95060-4403
Phone: (831) 429-1800
gregmogdoc at surfnetusa.com

FWIW, Ken G. at British Frame and Engine offers an alternative solution :
sleeves to allow using Ford GT40 lifters that are reliably hard enough.

Randall