[TR] Early TR4 change points

nwolf at u.washington.edu nwolf at u.washington.edu
Wed Mar 12 09:53:27 MST 2008

Listers,
   I got the official word from Richard Bacchus at BMIHT:  They cannot tell me anything about my mystery TR4 using only the body-in-white number.  Dang.
   All I can do is narrow down the Commission number range some more using change points.  For that, I need more help from the early-TR4 owners out there:

   If your commission number is lower than about CT 11664, please tell me the following:

1. Which type of boot support rod do you have (folding or sliding)?  If folding, is the lower bracket welded to the inner fender, or just to the boot lip?
2. Is your spare tire anchored to a stamped steel loop that's welded to the boot floor, or a hook that's bolted to the frame crossmember?
3. Is there a small tab (for holding wire) welded to the horizontal surface of the bulkhead immediately forward of your voltage regulator?
4. Does your bonnet release mechanism have an ear on the right side that sticks up about an inch above everything else and then folds over toward the right side of the car?
5. Do your taillight lenses have concentric circles over the bulbs (L669) or vertical bars (L799)?

   Not to put anyone on the spot, but... it would be REALLY GREAT if I could get this data from CT611L (Mark Macy), CT2846L (Phil Ethier), CT5018LO (Steven Newell), CT5521LO (Darrell), CT7966L (Tom Fansher), and CT8904L (Ian)... plus any cars in between that I might have missed.
   Also, I am still accepting "body-in-white" numbers (see below).  So far, mine is still the lowest I've seen, at ZS 010966.

   Thanks again in advance!  I really appreciate it.
-Nick