[TR] Rubber Steering Coupling Help

Bill & AnnaBelle anabil007 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 11 10:49:13 MST 2008

Just  to clarify a little  ... the reason you must  "squeeze" the
rubber coupling is to put into a state  of torque, this allows the
steering to be direct ... that is you don't have to torque the
coupling before it begins to move the steering ... this is considered
a "good  thing".  The same applies  to rubber "donuts" used in some
final drive connectiions.  The one I am most familiar  with is the
Lotus 23B  ... I helped change a number  of these  and they are ...
a "bitch" ...  but they get the job done ...

--
Bill  Pugh
1957 TR3 TS16765L

AnnaBelle Pugh