[TR] Pressure Plate Confusion

Bob Danielson 75TR6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Mon Mar 10 11:32:43 MST 2008

Evidently there are bent finger pressure plates (B&B) and flat finger
pressure plates (Leycock). I just got a Sachs' pressure plate from Ted
Schumacher and am trying to determine if it's flat or bent finger. It makes
a difference with the hydraulic throw out bearing (flat vs curved face)
that's used with the 5 speed conversion. It looked just like the B&B when it
was off the engine but now that it's installed and torqued down, I'm not so
sure. I put a straight edge across the face and measured down to the tip of
one finger and to the base of the same finger. At the tip it's 3/16" down
and at the base it's 5/16" down. So the finger ends aren't equal distances
down. I also put a short straightedge on the length of the finger and it
looks flat to me. Does anyone know if the Sachs pressure plate is flat or
bent finger and am I checking correctly?

Thanks

Bob

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U