[TR] TR6 "Clanky" rearend

dmnlaw dmnlaw at peoplepc.com
Sun Mar 9 18:12:26 MST 2008

After placing my TR6 on the road this past December I have been driving and sorting out various issues. I am now focused on the differential. When I start in first or reverse gear (from dead stop) the differential clanks. All u-joints are new. Differential mounts are in good shape also. With a tire off I can rotate either axle about 5 to 6 degrees before the propshaft engages. If I do it fast I get the annoying metallic clank. On the highway all is fine - no whining, grinding or anything like that. Is this just a LBC issue that I need to get use to or am I looking at a rebuild. Thanks.

Doug Nelson
74 TR6