[TR] Narrowing in on a lost commission number

ZoboHerald at aol.com ZoboHerald at aol.com
Sun Mar 9 17:57:32 MST 2008

In a  message dated 3/9/2008 11:01:07 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
standardtriumph at btinternet.com writes:

If  CT5521LO was built  in Belgium, then the commission number *should* be
1CT5521LO.

==AM==
I have no documentation other than my own observations over the years, but  I
was under the impression that the prefix numbers for various CKD assembly
locales came a bit later, so there might NOT be a leading "1" on an early CKD
TR4? Also, some Belgian-assembled cars apparently had a leading "B" in the
commission number, but I don't know when that might have occurred, either.

--Andy   Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not  so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with   wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and
Triumph Herald Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)