[TR] Why not FLAPS brake lines?

dorpaul dorpaul at bellsouth.net
Sun Mar 9 17:48:17 MST 2008

Why not just get british-style brake line from the local auto parts store? It
comes with the correct fittings and flares.  I plan to replace all the brake
line.

When I attempted my brake lines last time, I didn't know about British flares!
I got them to tighten up ok, but of course, they didn't work!!!  Of course, my
car is inopperable.

I already know the correct lenth of the individual lines, and I've got a brake
line bender that makes good gentle bends.  I don't know why Stainless steel
lines are necessary?

Thanks, Paul Dorsey  60 TR3