[TR] Aftermarket Moss Gas Tank TR3

Scott Suhring suhringtr36 at comcast.net
Sun Mar 9 17:39:10 MST 2008

Has anyone bought the replacement gas tank for the pre-60001 TR3? Mine has
several a leaks (I had it tested 4 years ago and the shop said it was fine),
the one I bought from a club member leaks worse and the one I pulled this AM
is from a later model that will not fit (no comments from the peanut
gallery). I have two more chances with tanks that need pulled from outside
parts cars, but since Moss has a 20% sale that I would hit with the purchase
of a tank, I wanted to see how the quality is. Does it have all the holes in
the correct spots (filler neck, drain, fuel line, vent and sending unit)?
Does it fit properly in the tight space with the shelf? TIA

Scott Suhring
Mechanicsburg, PA
'70 TR6
'59 TR3