[TR] Narrowing in on a lost commission number

TR250Driver at aol.com TR250Driver at aol.com
Sun Mar 9 08:58:21 MST 2008

In a message dated 3/9/2008 11:01:07 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
standardtriumph at btinternet.com writes:

If  CT5521LO was built in Belgium, then the commission number *should* be
1CT5521LO.

John,
Very interesting. Thanks for the rundown on CKD cars.  Excuse me but  what is
SKD?  I am going to say that CT5521LO is indeed that with no 1  before the
commission #.  The plate has the appearance of being original to  the car. The
Heritage Certificate says "Dispatched to Belgium". I received  a letter of
apology from them referring to the car as CKD with no body #  recorded.
The story behind the original owner was that he was a USA serviceman  serving
overseas and the car was shipped from Belgium to Florida, USA for the  Tax
advantages. Any truth to that?
Thank You,
Darrell