[TR] TR6 overdrive transmission in a TR3A?

Geo & Kathleen Hahn ahwahnee at cybertrails.com
Thu Mar 6 16:08:32 MST 2008

I kept my original gearbox when I installed an od -- I keep it in my storage
unit.

I don't think there is much gain in having the original gearbox adapted to
an OD if originality is your only purpose.  Anyway -- several choices here
depending on your skill, time and cash.

For me getting a rebuilt OD from a proven reliable source (Quantumechanics)
made the most sense.  Though I enjoy working on the car the idea of popping
that unit in (or should I say wrassling that unit in) and having it work
perfectly from the get-go was very attractive.  Also, limiting the down time
to a one-time event lasting just a couple of days was important as I need
the car for transportation as well as fun.

Geo