[TR] [Fot] Racing Goodies for Sale

John Macartney standardtriumph at btinternet.com
Thu Mar 6 16:17:29 MST 2008

Hmm, not too sure where I stand in all this. Clearly I have periodically 'mis-used' the lists for
the shameless promotion of the ST book I wrote some years ago and which so many people kindly
ordered. Obviously I should have found other methods. However a further thought occurs. As many
know, I'm undertaking a marathon drive across the States and Canada next year in a Stag and there's
a very definite financial interest in that. Simply, its to raise as much money as I can for three
charities - though I'll be making nothing out of it myself, other than writing another book about
the whole trip. I've got a financial objective to somehow raise US$300k out of the trip and many on
the lists have signed up for periodic updates of the event website and the trip itself.
If the prime objective of all the lists is to preclude any 'advertising' in which there is a
prominent financial motive, I'm wondering whether I should keep my updates off these lists and only
notify those who have signed up to the "Keep yourself informed" button on the website.
I'd appreciate some fairly adjacent guidance please on how I should proceed from now onwards. I also
apologise for having misued the lists in the past concerning my book.

Jonmac