[TR] TR6 overdrive transmission in a TR3A?

David Ljung Madison team.net at Daveola.com
Thu Mar 6 12:57:58 MST 2008

So, I need to rebuild or replace my transmission, and thoughts of
overdrive dance in my head.

There's a TR6 Overdrive on ebay.  I'm told it's possible to put a
TR6 transmission in a TR3.  Has anyone tried this, and have any
input on the difficulty of the conversion?

Also, is there any way to determine if my current transmission
is the original?  The BMIHT cert doesn't mention transmission
numbers, though the number is fairly close the the chassis #,
which makes me think it may be the original for the car:

 Car/Chassis Number  	 TS/22126-L
 Transmission  	       TS/22603

If that's the case, I suppose it would be desirable to keep
the current transmission, even if the body and the engine and
everything else is probably wrong...  :)