[TR] VDO Clock

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Wed Mar 5 18:46:41 MST 2008

Hello,

I have a VDO auto clock that came with my TR3A project and I would like to
install it in either my 3 or 4.

The clock is about the same size as any of the 4 center gauges.

I plan to make a mount etc.

My question is: What car did this come from?

I always thought it was a Jag part but I never really looked it over that
close.

It is a VDO 12V model Kienzle made in Germany.

I have hooked it up to 12V, seems to be + ground.

Ticks! and the light works.

Has 2 connections in the rear, 1 for the light and one (spade) for the 12V.

Has anyone else mounted a clock in their 3 or 4?

BTW dont ask, it is still winter and I am looking for car related stuff to
keep me from going crazy.

Bob