[TR] TR4 Engine teardown

Daehler, William F william.f.daehler at delphi.com
Tue Mar 4 14:42:38 MST 2008

I  have a spare TR4 engine that I purchased on E-Bay last year.  I'm in
the process of tearing it down, with the plans to build it back up with
all the fun little retrofits and power enhancing improvements
incorporated.  There is no plan to finishing the job this year.  In fact
there isn't much of a plan.  I'm just plodding along.

The engine has been on the stand all winter, and before pulling off the
head, I removed and labeled the push rods.  I was surprised to see how
much oil  was still on the tips of the push rods, and how hard they were
to pull out, like pulling a foot out of deep mud.   I would have that
the oil would have slipped down to the crankcase by now.

Is this condition normal?  Or could this be indicative of some blocked
oil passages somewhere?

Will in Wisconsin
Powder Blue TR4

Note:  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an
employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the
message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you.