[TR] Narrowing in on a lost commission number

nwolf at u.washington.edu nwolf at u.washington.edu
Tue Mar 4 13:59:54 MST 2008

Thanks to Tom Fansher and Darrell, we now have four data points for the TR4 tank vent pipe hole diameter:

CT 5521 LO:  1/2"
CT 7966 L:  1/2"
CT 11880 L:  1"
CT 13917 L:  1"

   This seems to confirm the CT 11664 change point in the Moss catalog for the grommet size (way to go, Moss!)
   Thanks again for those measurements... I really appreciate it!  Sounds like my car is a solid '62... or at least the body tub and engine are.

   The car has a long-bubble bonnet.  Assuming it's original, this would tentatively narrow the range to CT 6429 - CT 11663.  I'm making a table with the commission-number ranges implied by other components, but several of them don't agree with each other (for example, domed-glass gauges and tube-frame seats).

   I'll try to read the "body-in-white" number later today or tomorrow and go from there.
-Nick