[TR] Keeping cool in a TR3

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Jun 25 21:37:09 MDT 2008

> So, how do you keep the "silt" to a minimum? What causes it?
> Can it be reduced? Eliminated?

I believe it's mostly flakes of rust from inside the engine block, tho some
of it might be from using tap water (if you do).  Best way to control it IMO
is to change coolant every 2 years (or 5 if you use a product like
No-Rosion), whether you drive the car or not.  At each change, open the
drain valve and flush the water jacket thoroughly.

I've seen products that amount to a filter screen to go in a radiator hose,
but never tried them myself.  Eg,
http://neptune.spacebears.com/cars/stories/sctefba.html

Randall