[TR] Spity Diff rear bushings

marty sukey trmarty at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 21 14:29:30 MDT 2008

Pulled the differential out of the Spitfire today to replace the mounting
bushings. Crap, what a job. The only way I was able to get one out was to cut
through the side of the sleeve. I put the replacement back in and did my best
work throughly butchering the crap out of it.  before I move on to the second
one , whats the preferred method of  replacing these buggers?  I put the
bushing in the freezer and heated the diff with a torch trying to gain a
little room but it still pretty much laughed at me an my BFH. By the looks of
the fresh paint on this differential possibly it was rebuilt in the somewhat
recent past but the old, probably 40 year old bushing were left in. Now I
understand why. Somebody give me some advice before the neighbors call the
police about all the swearing coming from the garage.

Thanks,
Marty