[TR] TR6 Broken Shock Stem

Graham Stretch technical-iwnet at onwight.net
Sat Jun 21 13:29:50 MDT 2008

Hi Marty
I can not remember from the last time I saw a TR6 but if you have room and
wish to save the shock you could cut down either side of the thread so that
the nut falls away in four bits, or perhaps dremmel a slot in the nut and
ease it open with a slotted screwdriver to release the tension on the
threads and then unscrew it, I have applied both of these tactics with a
good measure of success. be careful not to damage the thread whilst cutting
or dremmeling. (dremmeling? is that a valid word or did I just make it up)
Graham.
Ps how is it running?