[TR] TR3 trailer towing/design

MMoore8425 at aol.com MMoore8425 at aol.com
Fri Jun 20 13:21:18 MDT 2008

In a message dated 6/20/2008 10:58:32 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
skip47 at clearwire.net writes:

My  moral(s) still apply; if you have a light tow car, the towed
weight must be  concomitantly lighter, and the driver more acutely aware of
and prepared  for processes that are masked by mass of the tow car.

Skip, I agee with that ESPECIALLY if the trailer doesn't have its own
brakes.The small trailers I've seen towed by TRs don't have their own brakes. I
once read that the reason for the weight concern is because of brakes more  so
than hp.
A small trailer being towed by a large car will be a lower percentage of  the
cars brake capacity than will a small car towing a large  trailer.

Best, Mike Moore