[TR] TR3 trailer towing/design

MMoore8425 at aol.com MMoore8425 at aol.com
Thu Jun 19 19:55:16 MDT 2008

In a message dated 6/19/2008 5:02:08 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
tr3driver at ca.rr.com writes:

Then it  will
start swaying violently ... I've cleared a 4-lane Interstate that way  !

BTW, if it does start to sway, do NOT try to countersteer, or jam on  the
brakes.  Hold the wheel steady, and brake gently.  Steering  towards the
shoulder seems to help too, but only with slow, gentle changes  in steering.

Years ago I was behind an MGB on an interstate and he started swinging
violently with greater amplitude each cycle. I braked and got way behind before  he
lost it. The whole darned thing spunout and jacknifed. Nothing tipped over
but it sure was horrifyingto watchs.

Mike Moore