[TR] TR3-4 trunnion pin

CarlSereda at aol.com CarlSereda at aol.com
Thu Jun 19 14:14:50 MDT 2008

Allen,
RevingtonTR.com sells cross-shafts for TR4 trunnions.. They are not drilled
for cotter pins/castellated nut - Neil recommends steel lock nuts (like nylocs
except crimped steel instead of nylon) for the ends. The shafts are excellent
quality. Also, Neil Revington is the only vendor selling correctly made end
thrust-washers for late TR4 trunnions (post CT20000 or so) - I highly recommend
you get the 4 new outside thrustwashers from him if your washers are the style
that use the 16 steel shims that save the rubber seals. Pounding out the old
shafts is fairly easy but you need a machine shop ($5) or your own ton-press
to install new ones. The new shafts have a new pattern of splines which cuts
new paths through old shaft hole in bronze - ensuring they don't spin. Easy
enough. Shafts cost L17 each, a few years ago, and L1.50 each thrust washer, plus
shipping from UK. And based on a converstation with a favorite US TR parts
vendor at the time, I think RevingtonTR's rubber dust seals (8 rqrd) are probably
better than what you can get in the states at the moment.
Good luck,
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

I had thought that trunnion pins for the 3/4 were available
separately and could be pressed in after removing the old one. After
checking the catalogs I don't see any. Anyone know if they can be
obtained and pressed into an old trunnion which is good except for
the pin.

Allen
TR4<BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL
Autos for fuel-efficient used cars.<BR>