[TR] installing a u-joint

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Wed Jun 18 18:07:23 MDT 2008

I did replace the u-joints in my TR3A when I rebuilt my driveshaft.  Went fairly smoothly, got it right, but wanted to be sure about the balance.  I do recommend taking the final product to a place that balances driveshafts.  In my case, while I had installed the u-joints "okay," the professionals whacked the heck out of them to get them rotating smoothly and welded the frame of a Mack truck onto the shaft as a balance weight.  Don't want a shimmy at high speeds if you kick it to a hundred like I did (not so unintentionally) on the way home tonight.

Man, I love this car!

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A  (TS 58667)
New Hampshire

From: DLylis at aol.com