[TR] TR4 steering column inner bushings

CarlSereda at aol.com CarlSereda at aol.com
Wed Jun 18 14:20:00 MDT 2008

Phil,
Yeah, horn bleeping could be worn steering shaft bushings.. The slop would
let your steering wheel sag around a little and the inner collar backside of
steering wheel can then touch the horn's brass contact ring inside upper hub.
Back in the day I popped the wheel off and slipped a homemade nylon washer in
place (carved out of a spray can cap) to block the contacting problem - worked
about a decade (and easier than changing worn column bushes!).
Regards,
Carl

plateSince i repaired the ground path on my TR4 steering column, the horn
works.
Of course now it beeps by itself now and again.  Common bushing problem, or
something else?