[TR] Will these wheels really work on a Spitfire

AA00727 at aol.com AA00727 at aol.com
Wed Jun 18 09:44:36 MDT 2008

A friend has two sets of wheels for sale that were made for Formula  Ford
racers but he thinks they might be suitable for a spitfire. We're not sure
because there is a difference in the offset between the two pairs in each four
wheel set. Could anyone tell me if these wheels would work on a Spitfire. If not
we will want to change the ad. Here is the info-

Two sets of 4 Light weight, multi-piece,Formula Ford racing wheels, 13"  four
bolt pattern, 3 & 1/2" center to center, made in England. Might also be  used
on other 13" applications like a Triumph Spitfire.

Set # 1 = 8 lbs  each, Silver color, back set from mounting surface to inner
edge of rim- two = 2  & 11/16", two = 3 & 7/8".

Set # 2 = The yellow set, 11 lbs each,  back set two = 3 & 5/8", other two =
3 & 5/8". One rim has small dent on  inner rim. Still very usable.

We don't want to mislead anyone into thinking these would work on  their car
if they actually wouldn't be good, so a little help from the more
knowledgeable would be appreciated!

 Thanks!
 Gary in WI