[TR] installing a u-joint

wbeech wbeech at flash.net
Tue Jun 17 20:52:06 MDT 2008

Jim,
I do it much the same as David, but I do use the vise with the sockets.  One
thing I found that was particularly helpful last week as I replaced one of
my driveshaft u-joints was to use my brake cylinder hone with some PB
Blaster as lubricant and smooth everything out before beginning the
reassembly.  Works like a charm, everything slides together with a minimum
of pressure.

Bill B
'58 TR-3A TS/30766 L
'59 TR-3A TS/64974 LO