[TR] Triumphs Digest, Trailer Hitches for Triumphs

N197TR4 at cs.com N197TR4 at cs.com
Sat Jun 14 12:33:17 MDT 2008

Cool,

I had a trailer hitch on both my TR4A and my current TR3A.  The TR4A towed an
Appleby Pop-up camper.  I also pulled a utility trailer with both of these
cars, when I wasnt pulling stumps.

Hitch was made from sturdy flat mill stock using the frame rails and cross
tubes.  I sold it to Brad Kahler.

I was unaware, or do not remember a factory hitch. If there were enough
interest....

BTW, the Miata seat conversion kit is making progress and will likely be
available in July. Certainly by VTR Convention.  This is Uncle Jack's Project with
engineering, and manufacturing by my son, Sean.

Joe A

> OK Guys here's one for you? Anyone have a line on where I can get a
> trailer hitch set up for a TR-6. I just bough a 1955 Glastron 13 ft.
> runabout in unbelievably good shape for near nothin. Really a retro cute
> little thing with a 20 horse Evinrude. I think this blue and white honey
> would look real nice towed behind my Red TR.
>
> Did this before with a 16 ft many an eon ago with a TR-4a when they were
> still being made. A factory hitch was available at the time. NOW?? Wtfk.
>
> Deano

   </HTML>