[TR] TR2/3 starter question

MMoore8425 at aol.com MMoore8425 at aol.com
Thu Jun 12 07:33:45 MDT 2008

In a message dated 6/12/2008 4:58:26 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
tedtsimx at bright.net writes:

Mike,  our starter comes with all needed wiring. We do not "sell" you
pieces that  should be included with the unit. And, we supply tech
support.  No,  British Starters does not sell the same starter  we
produce.  Commercially yours, Ted

Hi Ted, no offense intended, especially  to one of the scions of our  hobby!.
They sell the (original) Gustavson starter do they not?
I was impressed by the low price (ca $180 including shipping), but
especially the reference to and discussion with the manufacturer about why  the
solenoid failures and what can be done to modify them for racing so they  don't fail.

Best, Mike Moore