[TR] Ya gotta love it!

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Wed Jun 11 18:25:55 MDT 2008

On Wednesday 11 June 2008 07:50 pm, DLylis at aol.com wrote:
> I rebuilt the motor and the tranny and added an over drive and made all my
> patch panels and welded them into place and finished the body.  What can't
> I figure out?  How to put the seats in.  I replaced the drivers side
> floorpan and the passenger is original.  I bolted the seat tracks to the
> floor in the prescribed holes and the distance between the studs to which
> the  seats bolt is 11 1/2" but the holes in the seat pan are 11".  They
> came out  of this car. Which side does the seat lever go on?  I have bolted
> and  unbolted and switched around and put them in backwards but can't come
> up with  11".   I am about to drill new holes in the seat pan but I know
> that  is just wrong!
>
> Yes Terry, this is the guy who was telling you how to fix your idle but
> can't figure out how to put his seats in.
>
> David  Lylis
> 69 TR6 CC26160L
> 60 TR3A TS74461LO
David,

Now I just finished re-installing my seats the other day after installing my
rebuilt engine.

So let me tell you how I did it.

The levers on my 58 seem to fit best if they are mounted on the outside facing
the doors.

Now the seat track that mounts to the floor will have the lip facing in
towards the other track part. The  top track parts will sort of hook there
and the lip will face the door on the lever track and the track part without
the lever will face the drive shaft tunnel.

Same for both seats.

Does that help?

Bob