[TR] TR3A assembly sequence.

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Sun Jun 8 16:06:40 MDT 2008

Maybe this will help someone, maybe not.  May be this is documented
somewhere, maybe not.  If you are assembling a TR3A, assemble the handbrake  BEFORE
putting on the exhaust system.  The pivot bolt has a nyloc jam nut  that sits
just enough behind the exhaust to really tick you off.  I had the  front of the
car on jack stands and so. . .when the jam nut slipped from my  aging and not
so nimble fingers, it rolled inside the chassis, where, by the  way, it will
live for the rest of its days.  Let it be known that anyone  riding with me who
asks if I hear a rattle, will be responded to in a rude  manner.

Red locktite it is.  I would rather have the handbrake lever come off  in my
hand and go careening off a cliff than remove that exhaust system at this
stage.

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO