[TR] starter or battery

Mark Hooper mhooper at digiscreen.ca
Sun Jun 8 07:59:48 MDT 2008

Hi Jim:

I've converted to the bolt-on terminal sort of battery. Everything seems
tight. The battery is from 2001, so getting on. But still, it seems to have
gone from quite normal to nothing in 1/2 an hour with no seeming shorts or
breaks in the car electrics. I unplugged the charger and the battery alone
barely able to even chatter the solenoid, so the battery seems to be the
primary cultprit. I'm charging an old post unit to act as a comparison.

Of course, the batter is a lot easier to replace than the starter, especially
with a header installed.

Cheers,

Mark