[TR] OD Speedometer Cable Routing

C E White BN_Knight at Ameritech.Net
Fri Jun 6 18:22:41 MDT 2008

Thanks, Randall.  I have the right angle drive and the old cable so I'll
give that a try.  Is there any special routing to get it from the speedo
(LHD) to the angle drive on the right side of the OD?

Chuck

-----Original Message-----
From: On Behalf Of Randall
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2008 7:36 PM
To: 'C E White'; triumphs at autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] OD Speedometer Cable Routing

>  Yes, I have the correct cable (96").

Chuck, I'm going to go out on a limb and say I disagree with you.  According
to memory and the info I have handy, the OD 4A used a shorter cable combined
with an angle drive.

The earlier models used the 96" cable, with no angle drive.  The lack of
angle drive forced the cable to make a big, wide loop under the RH floorpan
to match the drive on the OD without crimping the cable, hence the long
length.  But the redesigned tunnel for the 4A no longer allowed that
approach, hence the introduction of the angle drive.

Randall