[TR] Exhaust Gas analyzer

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Jun 5 21:44:29 MDT 2008

> Both Google & Amazon identify the Gastester Digital Exhaust
> Gas Analyzer for $220.  The next one is over $2K.  Any
> thoughts on the idea as well as this particular.

While I have no experience with it, I believe the Gunson unit has some
serious limitations.

Google for UEGO, you should find lots of matches for newer designs with
faster response time, more range and better accuracy.  While most of them
are designed for permanent installation, I understand they work fine with
the probe just temporarily stuck up the tailpipe and held there with a clamp
or similar.

Eg,
http://www.turboneonstore.com/customer/product.php?productid=381

Randall