[TR] Blowing Fuses

John Cohen jmcoh at comcast.net
Thu Jun 5 20:10:56 MDT 2008

I am getting really frustrated trying to track down the source of an
electrical problem with my 76 TR6.  I am blowing red fuses immediately when
I turn on the parking lights.   The headlight switch tests ok as do all the
bulbs and connections at the tail and marker lights.  I have checked all the
connections under the dash and nothing appears out of sorts. My meter reads
15.5 volts across the fuse with the parking lights on and the engine off.
Everything worked great when I put the car away last fall.  One additional
factor is that I installed the Advance Auto Wire headlight wiring kit last
fall which works great and should not be causing any problems with the red
fuse.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

John Cohen