[TR] TR4 unrestored?

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Thu Jun 5 16:28:25 MDT 2008

I'd be interested in seeing the underneath of the car.  Pretty clearly this would be a great car to start with.  Clean engine.  Coil has been replaced.  Good rocker cover.  Cockpit clean.  Engine bay doesn't look repainted recently, yet shows no rust.  Exhaust manifold shows no scaling, maybe painted.  Yellow fan conversion (or was that original with 4's?).  Bumpers straight.  Paint and chrome look okay from the distance of the pictures.  Wire wheels don't show the rust of a car driven in winter.

Depending on the reserve, and depending on the mileage of the engine, it could be a good acquisition.

If I were to take on another project after I finish building a garage this year, it would be a four like this...or, ironically, worse but cheaper going in so I could do it all from scratch like I did the 3.

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A TS 58667
New Hampshire

From: CarlSereda at aol.com