[TR] Thinking of selling my 4a

Chip19474 at aol.com Chip19474 at aol.com
Wed Jun 4 07:07:04 MDT 2008

Brian,

Here's my observation.....the Brit car restoration shops in my area
(southeastern Pennsylvania) seem to have steady work with customers who are  willing
and can pay for the work performed on their cars.  This  hobby/passion of our's
seems to be a little more resilient to economic  downturns than other
segments of the economy.....at least that's the way I  see it where I live.

I think that part of the strength of the "cash flow" comes from the  fact
that the profile of most owners who are willing to part with 4 to 6 figure
restorations, service work or purchases is that of 50 years or older folks who
have strong income or solid retirement investments (or both) AND have a  strong
emotional connection with these cars from past experiences or  ownership.

All that said, this pool of cash flow is 1) fading....(albeit we hope  very
gradually) from assorted human factors and 2) not being  replenished.  So, to
finally answer your question, I wouldn't hesitate to  sell now - just be
realistic in your expectations remembering that often  you can't get every dollar
back from your restoration expenses.

Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.
Skippack, PA
1976 TR6  CF57822U

In a message dated 6/3/2008 7:10:21 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,